elb's hovel of thoughts

Wednesday, June 30, 2004

Extreme vodka

Many of you might have heard of mezcal, the quintessence Mexican drink with a worm at the bottom. Taking inspiration from this, I present:


Taken at Selfridges & Co, London.

Gone are the worms and fermented agave. Instead, clear vodka is available. And yes, for extra zing, they even put something chewier than the boring worm; instead you can enjoy the addition of a scorpion or snake, which no doubt imparts some rather unique taste to the vodka. Might just be the perfect accompaniment to the murtabak/ Morrocan pancake/ a couple of posts down.

6 Comments:

  • "And yes, for extra zing, they even put something chewier than the boring WORM; instead you can enjoy the addition of a SCORPIAN or SNAKE.."

    I rather drink scorpion vodka or snake vodka than worms vodka. EEWWWWW!! *feeling nausea* >:(
    Gosh!! no, not snake. Snake looks like huge worms in the bottle.. blekkkk.. O_O" *vomits*

    By Blogger bhfvbh, at Thursday, July 01, 2004 9:40:00 am  

  • I rather keep it as a collection than drink it . It looks cooleth !! :D

    By Blogger Yung Jie, at Thursday, July 01, 2004 10:18:00 am  

  • I would love to have one of those as a collection. hehe...
    Wont the scorpion poison the drink with its venom?

    By Blogger Sue Ong, at Thursday, July 01, 2004 3:22:00 pm  

  • steph: awwww.... *hatches evil plan*

    jing: i think they removed it, or its a relatively harmless breed. on the bottle it says: farm-raised scorpion :P

    yung & jing: yea, i wanted to get the scorpion one for decoration. maybe next time.

    By Blogger elb, at Saturday, July 03, 2004 12:55:00 am  

  • I am looking everywhere for lacoste shoes and lacoste shoes, while doing so I somehow stumbled onto your lacoste shoes blog. I am happy to say I learned something and will look into this further...

    Thanks for the great posts...

    jon

    By Blogger jon, at Sunday, October 02, 2005 3:29:00 am  

  • Hi, I was just looking around some blogs and checking different templates for ideas. Good blog with a nice template. I can start my own blog on ebooks thanks to your blog. I will visit weekly by the way. Like your ideas.

    By Blogger Quit Smoking, at Thursday, October 06, 2005 9:04:00 am  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home