elb's hovel of thoughts

Thursday, February 08, 2007

Global Warming, London Freezing

The Malaysian: You know what, despite the fact that we had 1.5 inches of snow today, it was rather warm compared with last week!

The Canadian: Yes, it was rather chilly wasn't it? Perhaps it was because it was terribly windy then. There wasn't much wind this time, was there?

The Chinese/Anglo: No I don't think so. But I definitely think that its a misconception to believe that it has to be very cold if its snowing.

All: *Cue various methods of agreeing*

The Canadian: Does it snow over at Shanghai?

The Chinese: Yes it does! In fact, when I was a little girl in Shanghai, we used to have all these snowball fights. But these days, we hardly have enough snow to throw around.

The Japanese: I agree, we don't get as much snow as we used to in Tokyo any more.

Strangely, the Finn was quiet. Maybe she's seen too much snow in her life.

-----------------------------

I just thought that I'd point this out: Some scientists believe that eventhough global warming is happening, there will be a phase where quite a few places will get chillier and deceive people that global warming is not happening (I cannot recall the source; I am afraid I read too much), but it was from a reputable enough source. After that, all hell breaks loose.

-----------------------------

In another incident, a friend in Switzerland exclaims that despite the fact that it was snowing in London, it was raining at hers.

-----------------------------

So, what does the snow do?


(^#)_)~@_£("%. Didn't quite bother trying to get to work because my usual route was suspended and the other alternative route is already overcrowded on a normal day. Let alone a day like this?

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home