elb's hovel of thoughts

Saturday, May 28, 2005

Undergraduate days: Closing another chapter

After 2 and a half weeks of working my ass off, I finally submitted my last assignment of my undergraduate days. Fingers crossed that it would find favour in my supervisor's and the cross checker's eyes! It is not however, the end of my studying yet; I plan to move on to continue my studies at a Masters level. Just waiting to hear back from the universities concerned.

Well, what does one do to celebrate the end of 16 years of pain (from getting caned for not wanting to study while at primary school), academic subjugation (bossy teachers in secondary school who think they know better. Let's see who knows more now!) and insomnia (courtesy of all nighters while trying to finish undergraduate projects)?

In my case, the first instinct was to get some sleep. But I mean, with the past two months practically lifeless, that was not a very viable option. So JW and I went to play mini golf by ourselves when two others decided to pull out. We were experiencing weather similar to Malaysia, with a high of 24 celsius minus some of the burning sun.

Fast forward to the evening, and three of us decided to have a good dinner here:

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Me because I had just finished my basic studies, JW because the girl hardly eats out, and CL because he had been eating basically junk food for the past week and needed something good to compensate for it.

We quickly found out that we were underdressed. I mean, when the seats and the table mat are made from leather, something tells you that a t-shirt and jeans don't fit in. Oh dear, if we only had known that earlier!

But that didn't stop us from enjoying ourselves. We averaged at around 17 pounds per person while we discussed our impending trip.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home