elb's hovel of thoughts

Wednesday, May 18, 2005

Shoes

Just the other day I was searching for a suitable pair of shoes to attend a wedding in (sigh I'm growing old), when I realised that all my pairs of shoes were grouped together. So why not, take an impromptu picture:

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

They are from top left, clockwise:

Timberland shoes which I usually wear;
Clark's All Terrain Leisure sandals which I use indoors (and very comfy, I might add);
Clark's SuperLite GoreTex shoes (no longer used);
Asics Gel Kayano running shoes (second latest model) for use at the gym;
Blake's semi-formal laced shoes;
and a pair of Valentino loafers, of which the soles are made from wood, giving it a very noticable click when I walk. Unfortunately this needs some padding added because the bottoms of my feet were sore when I wore it to the wedding.

Which made me realise: I don't have a good pair of walking shoes to compliment all the walking I've been doing, and plan to do over the next couple of months! Argh!

2 Comments:

  • You're turning into a woman. having tht much and still thinking of getting more? 

    Posted by Silencers

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Wednesday, May 18, 2005 3:31:00 am  

  • Woman? Excuse me, I'm buying my shoes based on functionality. They have a specific use. Just like the same reason why other guys buy football boots, tennis shoes etc. I am NOT buying shoes just for the heck of it. 

    Posted by pat

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Thursday, May 19, 2005 8:49:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home