elb's hovel of thoughts

Sunday, May 28, 2006

Gordon Ramsay @ Claridge's: Preview

If you haven't heard of Gordon Ramsey, the celebrity UK chef with a foul mouth that more than matches his Michelin stars, well then now you have. He's one of only two chefs in the UK to have earned three prestigious Michelin stars for a restaurant, in addition to establishing and setting up several other Michelin starred restaurants in the process.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Gordon Ramsay (taken from http://www.i10.org.uk/)

I'll be checking out, in a few days time, his single Michelin starred restaurant at Claridges (or if I can somehow manage to change my reservation extremely last minute to his three Michelin star restaurant at Royal Hospital Road, even better! [but I doubt I will be able to]) for a special occassion. In a pleasant surprise, I was able to secure the booking with less than triple digit hours to go (my schedule before that was too unpredictable); reservations can be up to as long as 3 months!

I will not be bringing my dSLR, as it will be awkward to dress up for the occassion while being surrounded by so many other more affluent members of society and lugging a huge camera around, so I will probably be taking along a compact with me.

But alas, I am also due to fly off for a little break very soon after that, so maybe no updates until a couple of weeks from now (concerning GR @ C, I mean).

1 Comments:

  • WOW! Lucky you! I wish I could go. My friend who lives in London said one of his restaurants has a pretty good deal going on hence they went for a celebration. She said the food was excellent.

    By Blogger boo_licious, at Monday, May 29, 2006 1:14:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home