elb's hovel of thoughts

Wednesday, May 17, 2006

HTML dummy in need of help

Pooh. I'm HTML clueless, and trying to figure out how to expand the sides of my current template. I might just get a new template - but if I have no idea how to customize the pixel sizes, not having a way to modify the appropriate graphics etc, well I can forget about it.

Why? Simply because I wish to put up bigger pictures - but if I do so, my blog gets messed up.

I guess I'll try to tackle it after I finish my last exam paper. In the meantime, does anyone have any advice?

I tried messing with portions like the following, but to no avail:

/* ---( layout structure )---*/
#wrap { width: 847px; margin: 0 auto; text-align: left; background: url(http://www.blogblog.com/tictac/tile.gif) repeat-y; }
#content { margin-left: 62px; /* to avoid the BMH */ }
#main-content { float: left; width: 460px; margin: 20px 0 0 0; padding: 0; line-height: 1.5em; }
#sidebar { margin: 0 41px 0 547px; padding: 20px 0 0 0; font-size: 85%; line-height: 1.4em; color: #999; background: url(http://www.blogblog.com/tictac/sidebar_bg.gif) no-repeat 0 0; }

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home