elb's hovel of thoughts

Thursday, August 04, 2005

I caught an SLR on my SLR!

Yes, I did! And no, its not a picture of an SLR camera taking the picture of an SLR camera. Which can only mean one thing... the McLaren SLR. This beauty of a beast was captured by me, on film, at Brompton. I was walking along Brompton Road, looking around as I crossed some junctions, when I caught what I thought was a Chrysler 412 ME, for some reason. Upon closer look, holy catamoly!

Whilst I was lining up my first shot, the owner and her friend returned. That's right, two ladies turned up. Urgh. Its difficult to be discreet with a SLR camera, hence I had to quickly alter manual settings rather crappily. Not to mention fighting the distraction as the scissors doors came floating up.

The first two pictures were taken with me forgetting to change the colour balance from tungsten - and I did not have the pictures on RAW. However, manipulation of the primary colours on PS restores some of its grey splendour:

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
The owner and her pal returning from a hard day's shopping.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Omg scissors doors! Also note that the exhausts are by the side, a foot or so behind the front wheels

From here I decided to shoot from my hip, a technique I've been trying to practice to snap shots that are discreet/ to prevent yourself from looking like a jakun. The lady driver was pathetic, a Merc behind her stopped to give way to the SLR that was pulling out from the side parking bay. She moved out a foot but hesitated, so the Merc just overtook. Definitely the boyfriend's/ husband's car (as if it wasn't obvious earlier on). I bet the Merc driver had a smug look on his face as he did that, hehheh.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
It managed to wiggle out. Notice that there is no (noticable?) number plate on front.


Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Rear shot as it drove by.

And since I'm so nice, here's a shot of a Ferrari 430 (update: confirmed to be a F430, thanks buttsh4k3r) that I captured just a couple of hours later:

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
The latest Ferrari model. Number plate '4'. Hip shot.

P.S. I apologize for marking the pictures heavier than usual. These are rare pictures, in my opinion. If you don't like it, too bad, come take your own.

8 Comments:

  • Great pictures of the SLR! That is one car we don't have in Malaysia. 

    Posted by boo_licious

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Friday, August 05, 2005 12:59:00 am  

  • I wonder if that is the same one I keep seeing whenever I happen to be in Sloan Square. German plates. 

    Posted by Jon Choo

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Friday, August 05, 2005 1:04:00 am  

  • *DROOOOOOOOOOOL*

    *companu's keyboard rosak*

    SHIT MAN!!! How can I forget to put that car in my blog also?! I have a pic of that car (not on camera)!!!

    Oh I have blasphemed! Forgive me!

    Such a beeeeyoootiiiifooollll car!

    *drool*

    *drool*

    Oh man. I was so high after I saw the Z4, I bet after this, you were floating in the galaxy! Shit, even looking at the pics makes me excited! AHHHH

    *drooool*

    Can you see how much I lurve this car?! 

    Posted by ahjin

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Friday, August 05, 2005 1:27:00 am  

  • *fainted*
    But i thought it's a Mercedes ? Why called McLaren SLR ? :o

    Any Nissan Skyline ?  

    Posted by YungJie

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Friday, August 05, 2005 5:59:00 am  

  • boo_licious: yup, great car, but lousy driver.

    jon: I doubt it. No EU plates.

    anjin: do you mean you got all wet from looking at my pics? :P

    yungjie: McLaren and Mercedes are partners in F1, to my knowledge. You can also call this car the mclaren mercedes slr amg, mercedes slr, blablabla.

    also, who cares about a skyline when you so many elite continentals here? its just an overrated car, thanks to F&F. 

    Posted by pat

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Friday, August 05, 2005 3:35:00 pm  

  • I guess that is most B-E-A-U-T-I-F-U-L merz i ever seen  

    Posted by Et

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Friday, August 05, 2005 4:15:00 pm  

  • chun car *droools*
    a car like that probably can't survive on malaysian road humps.. boo hoo 

    Posted by ling

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Sunday, August 07, 2005 10:21:00 am  

  • et: guess? only? :P

    ling: aye, get rid of speed bumps!  

    Posted by pat

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Monday, August 08, 2005 8:25:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home