elb's hovel of thoughts

Monday, July 18, 2005

Feskekorka (Fish Church)

One of the first things that we did in Gothenburg City was to seek out the Fish Church. Unfortunately, it wasn't what I had in mind. I was imagining a stone Gothic cathedral which housed a fish market instead of pews. Bah. Was I so wrong.


Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Please forgive the wrong metering setting.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
The airy interior.

They sold all kinds of fish there; I took a few pictures as usual. The tuna is amazing though. It looked so absolutely fresh that if I had some soy sauce and wasabi I'd have bought some there and then.

It would have been almost a waste of time except for a small stall which was selling various types of (cheap) fish roe. I purchased a small plastic jar of 'supreme caviar' - some fish roe with garlic, dill, and mayonaisse/ oil based spread. It went superbly with cinnamon buns.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
The supreme caviar can be seen to the right of the huge tub with white stuff.

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home