elb's hovel of thoughts

Monday, June 06, 2005

Flight of the Bumble Bee

Once upon a time, a bumble bee was busy harvesting strawberry nectar. Bumble bee was no ordinary bee; it could not fly despite having wings.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

But then, the bee saw from the corner of its eye something moving very quickly
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Oh no! It was a bee-killer!
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

However, bumble bee quickly did a leap to avoid the projectile from piercing it.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Bumble bee managed to mount the back of the hideous monster:
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

However, the offender started to move vertically. Bumble bee was clinging for dear life.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Unfortunately, bumble bee could no maintain a hold, and fell to its doom
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Background: Earlier today when I was grabbing something from the kitchen, I noticed a dead bee near the ledge. I decided to do some practise shots using it and my new camera. Please do not expect anything remotely professional from me for the next few months as I get to grips with the camera.

P/S. The first picture can be found in my Deviantart page. Just created :) Feel free to bash me... constructively. Cheers!

5 Comments:

  • haha.. so cute!! very nicely posed.. lol =) 

    Posted by lingerz

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Tuesday, June 07, 2005 3:55:00 am  

  • The signature is very annoying :/

    Make a watermark or something, and if you're geeky enough, sign it within the file. Don't ask me how, I know it's possible but I don't know how. 

    Posted by traveller

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Tuesday, June 07, 2005 4:10:00 am  

  • ling: hehheh ;)

    trav: the best I know right now is to emboss, which is practically the same with what I did, just blended in a bit more naturally. At any rate, sorry, but I just have to do it to prevent issues with others claming my pictures. 

    Posted by pat

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Wednesday, June 08, 2005 11:45:00 pm  

  • Hey, i find it vaguely disturbing that you found the time and effort to manipulate a bee's carcass around :) 

    Posted by sarah

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Thursday, June 09, 2005 3:58:00 pm  

  • sarah: sorry, I blame the excitement when you get something new and want to use it on anything you can get your hands on :) 

    Posted by pat

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Saturday, June 11, 2005 6:25:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home