elb's hovel of thoughts

Thursday, June 23, 2005

Annoying cheesy elevator music

I'm sick of all needing to make all these phonecalls to companies which get thrown into a queue. Don't you get annoyed when you call up a company, and you get relegated to a queue which could go on for more than half an hour? Either you get:

1) to listen to a ringing tone followed by the usual 'We are sorry, but all our operators are busy. Your call is important to us and we will get to you as soon as possible.' Repeat multiple times. Annoying. My old broadband provider did well at this, the answering machine would tell me from time to time how many customers were ahead of me and an estimated wait time. At least I knew I could hang up and try later if the queue was an hour long.

2) made to listen to worthless adversitisements non stop and get bored to tears.

3) forced to listen to cheesy elevator music, which ALWAYS sounds like a broken elevator record. I mean, don't bloody spoil a classic like Duran Duran's 'Come Undone' with the shabby quality!!! Either play decent quality music (I'm not asking for Lynn quality), or don't at all. Come to think of it, most of the elevator music they play is shit to begin with. But that leaves the first two options, which are no better.

I prefer a fourth option. In this option, you can leave your telephone number when you are on queue, or if you want to, you could enter your telephone number into the company's web site and they would call back as quickly as possible. Even your mobile! Something used by my insurance company. It beats needing to hold the phone to the ear for ages, especially since most of us don't have speakerphone facility.

More companies should adopt this (or the suggestion at the end of 1)in my opinion, it makes for better customer relations and puts the customer first, always a good thing.

----------------------------------------------------
p.s. Congrats to the PPS Award winners :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home