elb's hovel of thoughts

Sunday, December 11, 2005

Christmas & Birthday Wish List

I have drawn up my Christmas and birthday wishlist, including:

Several quality reads:

The Space Race (Non-Fic) by Deborah Cadbury 20GBP
Pushing Ice (SciFi) by Alastair Reynolds 15GBP
Judas Unchained (SciFi) by Peter Hamilton 19GBP
The Google Story (Business) by David Vise 15GBP
The World Is Flat: The Globalized World in the Twenty-first Century (Business) by Thomas Friedman 20GBP


Photography equipment:

Canon EOS 5D, Speedlight 580EX

A whole array of lenses, including:
EF15mm f2.8 Fisheye, 490GBP - for 'special effects' for certain shots
EF50mm f1.4 USM, 250GBP - for portraiture
EF100mm f/2.8 Macro USM, 390GBP - for macro shots
EF 16-35mm f/2.8L USM, 1045GBP - for wide angled shots
EF 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6 DO IS USM, 845GBP - together with my EF 28-135mm IS USM, these would make the perfect travel lenses!


Or never mind, I shall simplify my photography request to one medium format camera, as suggested by Jon. My pick:

Hasselblad H1 with Digital Back, and full set of Leitz and Zeiss lenses - 30000 GBP


Electronic equipment:

Ipod Video 60GB Black
Etymotic ER4-P earphones
7.1 surround sound system

Okay, this list is starting to get a bit too much, I shall not include my M5 BMW as well :P

4 Comments:

  • im chinese budha so i dun celbrate x'mas but i wan the gifts toooo, can ah?

    pat, pls click on me and vote for xiaxue~....i think sumone else gonna win and im broken...SO click on me !!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Sunday, December 11, 2005 8:54:00 am  

  • Ipod Video? Shrugs....

    BTW, I have been reading up on the 5D. Looks great but you seem to enjoy landscape photography.

    Six words: Forget 35mm, get medium format instead.

    By Blogger Jon Choo, at Sunday, December 11, 2005 4:18:00 pm  

  • ahlian: I know that some people are conspiring to vote for Mr Brown simply because they don't like XX...

    jon: yup, iPod. My Zen is starting to get too outdated, and I must admit I'm falling for the sleekness of the latest iPod.

    yes I've thought about MF before, but I'm not too sure yet. Especially later on, when the temptation to pay over 20 000GBP for a top end MF camera is there and I have some potential income to buy it if I wished!

    By Blogger elb, at Sunday, December 11, 2005 5:09:00 pm  

  • jon: although I should add that I haven't set my sights pure onto landscape photography, if you see my site http://elb.deviantart.com , there's a good mishmash of various styles of photography there :P

    By Blogger elb, at Sunday, December 11, 2005 6:56:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home