elb's hovel of thoughts

Friday, November 04, 2005

My Current Flatmates

I stay with two people now. Both are female. ‘OMG you lucky bastard!’ I can hear the males going. But nah. One is taken, and the other I do not like one bit.

Anyhow, let me introduce the first girl: she’s French. We both get along pretty alright, she’s a pretty girl and all that. Nothing much to say about her; the lucky woman just got a job offer a couple of days ago to start work as an investment banker from July! But she isn’t happy about it because she wants to get into the ultimate – GoldmanSachs. Goodness. I’ll gladly take the CitiGroup offer!! Kidding, I think that investment banking would probably be too deep for me. Just give me a good, commercial banking career. She and her boyfriend are sorted for life; he also got a very good job offer on the same day. Congratulations Solage!

The other girl, well, she’s a Hongkie. And I can’t say that we get along very well. Mainly because she doesn’t know how to clean up after her. Few things piss me off more than when I get to the kitchen sink, and I find it difficult to be able to use it because it is half blocked with plates and pans and what not. Grrrr.

And she has a weird logic as well. I mean, who else would dry a wet umbrella on the carpet? *smacks head against the wall*. And when asked to dry it along the wooden hallway, all she does is to mumble ‘its not that wet anyway’. Hello! A wet umbrella and a carpeted floor aren’t best friends! And to think that a student at one of the top universities in the world should have some brains! (not that I exactly have much to begin with anyway heh)

By the way, we don’t have an Internet connection at my place. Because of some shitty DACS problem which BT are trying to resolve. For almost one month already, but to no avail. Useless bastards. So anyway, we have the good fortune to be able to leech some bandwidth from an outside line. This is a good thing, because I need to get job applications and research work sorted out. However it is quite frustrating trying to connect to this line, and I take great pains to not abuse it. It is after all, not our line, and it crawls like a snail half the time anyway. Loading something as simple as Google can take as long as 10 seconds.

So anyway she goes for a shower, leaving her door open. I could not help but notice that BitComet was running on her laptop, leeching 10kB/s. Dammit!! That was where all the bandwidth was going to! No wonder I couldn’t access no shit! I wait for her to come back and a few minutes later knocked on her door

‘Hi’

‘Hello, I was wondering if you were using the outside line for the Internet’

*Shakes head and gives blur look* ß Lying bitch! I saw you browsing! And if you didn’t know, you’d be asking me 2120481290 questions about it!

‘Oh, well, just to tell you that there is an external line you could use, but it moves very slow, and I hope that you don’t use it to download anything and all that because I do need to deal with my job applications and stuff’

*Cue frown and shake of head* ‘I don’t use the Internet’ ß Yea sure, just the other day you were getting all excited when I was trying to configure the line because you thought a permanent connection to download all your CantoPop was imminent.

‘Well, if you do, I hope that you wouldn’t use it to download anything to slow it down any further. And it isn’t even our line’

*Nods*


Phhft. And I have 8 months more to go with her. The only good news about her is that she doesn’t openly show off her wealth. At 20, she has amongst other things: Burberry, Gucci, Prada, Armani, Helmut Lang, DKNY. And not just the cheap stuff either. But I haven’t seen one occasion where she has tried to flaunt it, unless you count an episode when she left a whole stack of designer paper bags in the kitchen, waiting to be thrown out.

Add-on: I forgot to mention one incident which really irritated me: One day Hongkie girl was trying to get the washing mashine working (the power which switched off), so I helpfully switched it on for her. And what she do? She just walked out of the kitchen without even the courtesy of saying 'thank you'! I tell you...

7 Comments:

  • yeah hahahaha donch u know hongkee are the only asian that is listed on the top milionaires list? even uncle lim who owned genting has no name there!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    i like hongkee guys, they are very cunning, my cup of coffee..hahahahaha

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Friday, November 04, 2005 6:01:00 am  

  • ahlian:
    I also happen to have Hongkie friends who are the opposite end as well; people who work illegally over the 20 hour per week limit just so they can afford their rent.

    Anyway I don't care how 'rich' she is if her behaviour is so messed up.

    By Blogger elb, at Saturday, November 05, 2005 3:10:00 pm  

  • "So anyway she goes for a shower, leaving her door open....."

    I was about to yell "you horny bastard" untill I read on , damn -_-" .

    By Blogger Yung Jie, at Sunday, November 06, 2005 4:01:00 am  

  • Hahahhaa, like YJ, I thought you walked into the shower while she was showering :)

    Sabar yer :) BTW, you can move plates from sink to the waiting area. Gently knock on her door saying that you need the sink or something ask her to wash it.

    BTW, she probably has a dishwasher at home and gives no two fingers about plates.

    Who needs plates anyway? They will clean itself :) You just need to put it in the sink :)

    By Blogger KEF, at Tuesday, November 08, 2005 8:38:00 pm  

  • yung: perv! :P

    kef: i find that china chinese in general are very untidy and messy etc :/

    By Blogger elb, at Wednesday, November 09, 2005 1:53:00 pm  

  • LOL oh welll good luck hor... it's interesting to read on this post LOL... hmmmm not all are like that some of the China Chinese seems to be decipline and stufss so yeah be patient... LOL

    By Blogger MunMun, at Saturday, November 12, 2005 12:53:00 am  

  • Vos deux amis: Félicitations!
    And good luck with the hongkie girl...plenty of patience with bites and bits.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Sunday, March 12, 2006 6:40:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home