elb's hovel of thoughts

Saturday, June 19, 2004

Unsupportive support

When I signed up yesterday, for some reason I couldn't log in (obviously the problem has already solved itself, somehow). No matter how many times I tried signing in, I would get redirected to the 'Please sign in' page. On to the support pages. Useless information like cookies and activate Java script nonsense, of which I had already done ages ago. Thus I decided to e-mail the support team, in search of something to soothe my wounds, telling them that I had enabled the cookies and what not.

What they claimed:

(Right after sending the problem)We've received your message and we read and reply to all of them. Some issues can take longer than others, so thanks in advance for your patience. - Blogger Support

(In the email) We wanted to let you know that we've received your support request. We make every effort to respond quickly to all our users problems and questions.

The reply:

Hi there,

If you're having trouble logging in to Blogger you may need to check
your browser settings. Please see our Blogger Help article on this
for more information: (cue: gibberish link)

My infuriated response:

Hello,

Not to be rude or anything, but I think that whoever has responded to
my problem has obviously not read my problem at all. I have stated
that I had enabled cookies for blogger.com and have the scripts
activated; yet I still have difficulties logging into blogger.com. As
I have mentioned earlier, I seem to only be able to log in after
trying over 20 times; I get the 'Blogger sign in' screen, at which i
enter my username and password correctly; yet I still get directed to
the 'Please sign in before continuing screen' instead.

And yes, I have another problem. The people in the help support
obviously do not 'read every message' as claimed. Hope that I would
get help for both my problems, cheers.
-----------------------------------------------------------

It took them 15 minutes to send the reply to my initial post, which was the useless gibberish they sent. I've been waiting for over 12 hours for the reply to my second mail however, and still have not gotten no reply... who wants to bet that my blog might get pulled off because of this? :P

1 Comments:

  • Just a little update: a few hours ago I finally got my reply. They advised me to use another browser. Doesn't look like I need to though, since the problem fixed itself :)

    By Blogger elb, at Wednesday, June 23, 2004 2:09:00 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home